What is Website Optimization? Why is it Important?
March 16, 2019
There are over one billion websites on the Internet and thousands of them are added on a regular basis. Needless to say, competition is higher than ever.
Those days are gone when creating a good-looking website was enough to make it popular. Today, if you want your website to be visible and attract a decent volume of traffic, then it must be optimized for SEO, mobile users, voice search, etc.
What is an Optimized Website?
An optimized website is one that’s able to appear on the first page of Google’s Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) which plays a big role in driving traffic. Such a website is also user-friendly and allows a visitor to seek the information they are looking for without any inconvenience.
Why is Website Optimization Important?
Website optimization is important because of the following reasons:
- Providing a good user experience
- Improving the conversion rate
- Receiving high organic traffic via search engines
- Creating a positive brand image
The following are some of the important things that you need to do to optimize your website:
- Improve your website’s loading speed as much as possible. This is because your visitors will have little patience for your website to launch. In fact, if it’s taking longer than 5 seconds, then you will lose a ton of visitors right off the bat. So, be sure to use a tool like GTmetrix to review page speed and other page load details.
- Make navigation as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. The visitors should be able to able to find whatever they are looking in less than a few clicks.
- Make the landing pages as engaging and interesting as possible as they alone will affect the conversion rate to a huge extent.
- Apply SEO techniques including using relevant keywords, meaningful URLs, mobile-friendly content, etc.
Website optimization is an important part of digital marketing, but it’s still just one component. If you want to learn all the other techniques that you need to master to make your website successful, then do consider taking a professional Digital marketing course offered by us.